Within EOTAS we believe that reading is key skill to unlocking the curriculum for all our pupils. Reading helps you grow mentally, emotionally and psychologically. Every book gives you an opportunity to learn new things and explore new ideas.
We have a lesson dedicated to reading everyday, making use of a wide range of resources:
- whole class reading
- silent reading
- Game Changers programme
- News Weekly
But the importance of reading is not limited to just these benefits. You will be amazed to know how beneficial reading books can be for you.
Here are 10 reasons why reading is important for everyone!
1. It helps you discover yourself
2. It improves your Focus and Concentration
3. Reading improves your emotional health
4. Reading helps enhance your memory
5. It expands your knowledge
6. Broadens your Imagination and enhances your creativity
7.Reading enhances your critical and analytical thinking
8. Improves your vocabulary, language command, and communication skills
9. Reading is important improving your brain functions
10. It makes you a better person